Wednesday, November 23, 2005

give thanks.


so, thanksgiving is tomorrow & since i won't be around all day or the 3 days to follow, i'm posting the 'thankful' post now! :) i have to be honest, thanksgiving isn't my favorite holiday & i don't mean to offend when i say this, but it's actually not that big of a deal to me either. i honestly could do without the big meal, the napping, the desserts...i would rather just have good family time [which is really the only important thing to me anyway]. but on that note...i AM thankful for so many things. i feel the need to list them!
i'm thankful for:
-my family. i honestly don't know where i'd be without them. they make me laugh. make me mad. make me think. support & love me no matter what i do. they have my back when no one else does. they annoy the crap out of me! they put up with MY crap! i love them. they have shaped me into who i am today.
-friends. my friends are simply irreplacable. they keep me busy. they support me. they show they love me with IM's, phone calls,emails, visits even when i have made no efforts for a few days. they always know how to have a good time. they love me for me. i love them.
-my church. my faith. my salvation. my family there. knowing i have such a supportive group of people who believe the same way as i do. they're fun. they're real. the message is always clear & to the point. knowing i can count on them for anything. truly blessed.
-my job. as much as i hate it, i know God has me here for a reason. over the last few months i've begun to see why. the friendships i have here is amazing.women who listen to me talk, talk, talk about anything. or complain about everything! a growing field with tons of possibilities to excel, to advance within the company. a paycheck. great benefits. in a way, i guess i'm finally comfortable here.
-my mom. i know you're probably thinking, "shouldn't she be in the 'family' category?!"..but my mom is way too important not to have her own shoutout! :) i seriously cannot think of one person i am more thankful for than my mom. she's outstanding. i often don't give her the recognition she deserves, but i can say that without her, i truly would be nothing. she has been by my side my entire life. even when i treated her bad, even when she was so sick with cancer she couldn't get out bed, even when my dad was treating her like crap, even when she was working nonstop & trying to raise her family..she never once failed to ask me how I was, or what I was up to, or have a talk with me..to see what the latest was with me. she has never once been selfish. EVER. she's a giver. a do'er for everyone but herself. i am thankful for a mom who loves me, who supports me, who wants nothing but the very best for me. i am thankful that she is just as excited about my wedding as i am, that she cares enough to mark magazines with post-it notes, make phone calls to the reception hall, the cake lady, the DJ, the florist just to make sure my day is a perfect as possible. i am thankful that God didn't take her from all of us in 1992. i am beyond thankful for her love, her dedication, her being filled with nothing but good faith. i am thankful she is my mom.
-nate. my love. my soulmate. my best friend. my everything. no matter how cheesy it sounds, i love him with all my heart. i never, ever knew i could love someone so strongly as i do him. i am thankful he puts up with my bickering, my whining, my indecisiveness. i am thankful that he took the time to get to know me more than anyone has ever done. i'm thankful he called me that one night in august. i'm thankful he has such a big heart & open mind. i am thankful he's a christian. that he loves almost everything that i do, that he understands my past & supports my dreams for the future. i am thankful he loves me as much as i do him. i am thankful that he 'got' us...that he proposed & wants to spend the rest of his life with a whacko like me! ;) i am thankful he's mine.


i am thankful for so many more things, i can't even begin to list them all. i am way too blessed. God has been so good to me! this has been a crazy busy,good,stressful year & i am thankful that He has never left my side.

i'm also thankful today is my last day of work for 4 days!! :)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! check me on Monday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

That's a wonderful list Nichole! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well sweetie! I will be checking back on Monday! :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list Nichole!! You are an amazing person...don't forget that. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and family time. :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:37:00 AM  
Blogger {Amanda} said...

great list nichole. . .

have a great thanksgiving girlie!!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home